Getting Started on your Remodel
Determine your needs
This may sound silly, but write it out. Do you want fresh wall colors in your home or are you planning a 2000 square foot addition to your master suite? Write it out in as much detail as possible so you can communicate your ideas and requirements successfully.
Determine your budget
You need to have a realistic idea of how much you can and want to spend on a project -- you don't want to be caught short right in the middle of a remodel. This is crucial to making your dream a reality.
Determine the professional(s) you need to consult
There are many professionals who can help you bring your project to fruition. Once you determine the who, you'll need to do the following:
- Research their experience, expertise and education
- Look for appropriate licenses -- some states require licenses, some don't. Washington State doesn’t license some professions. If there is a license available, check out what's needed to qualify.
- Take a look at their portfolio of work and make sure their style is compatible with yours.
- Ask for client references and actually call them.
- Determine how they are going to charge for their services; get written estimates.
- Ask about their available time and schedule for completing your project.
- Check to see that they have business insurance, and if they're bonded.
- Find out who will be managing your project, and who you'll be communicating with on a regular basis. Make sure that communication is good.
- Read all contracts carefully to ensure it's everything you're asking for.
Let us help you! Call (206) 517-4424 or Contact us via email.